Monday, October 24, 2005

Zoo TV

Dubya today, clearly weighed down by his troubles, engaging in banter with the press corps:

THE PRESIDENT: Nedra [Pickler], I also said -- this may be the fourth time I've been asked about this, which I appreciate, you're doing your job -- I'm not going to comment about it. This is a very serious investigation [by Paddy Fitz], and I haven't changed my mind about whether or not I'm going to comment on it publicly.

Fine-looking shades you got there.

Q Thanks, Mr. President. Bono style. (Laughter.)


THE PRESIDENT: Wait a minute, you don't need to be endorsing any products here in the Cabinet -- (laughter.)


One wonders if Bono's shades are those especially annoying ones with mirrors on the outside, the ones so beloved of private security contractors in Iraq.

No comments: