Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Some end of season football wisdom

Here at BOBW, at least one of us is seething at the pathetic end to Liverpool FC's season, in which they finished 5th in the English league and in doing so put themselves out of the prospect of playing in places like Madrid and Turin next season, and into the prospect of playing in places like Arnhem and Zurich. But at least the team decided to leave us with some wise words (in the Liverpool Echo) for the summer.

MIchael Owen, on being a new dad:
I've watched Louise [the new mother] changing nappies and I've been trying to get the hang of it. It looks a bit technical for me at the moment, but after a few viewing sessions I reckon I'll be ready for it.

Manager Gerard Houllier, incisively analysing the reason for the team's poor season:
We conceded too many goals and we could have scored more.

The manager again, expanding on this brilliant insight:
I am a great believer that when you keep a clean sheet you will win the game.


No comments: