Saturday, October 30, 2004

But he's unconcerned in such a manly way

David "smart conservative" Brooks in the New York Times, October 30:

One of the crucial issues of this election is, Which candidate fundamentally gets the evil represented by this man [Osama]? Which of these two guys understands it deep in his gut - not just in his brain or in his policy statements, but who feels it so deep in his soul that it consumes him?

Dubya, March 13 2002 White House news conference:

You know, I just don't spend that much time on him [Osama], Kelly, to be honest with you ... haven't heard much from him.  And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure.  And, again, I don't know where he is.  I  --  I'll repeat what I said.  I truly am not that concerned about him.

No comments: