Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Chelsea 1 Twins 0

Bill Clinton lied to protect his family from his own bad example and was impeached. Dubya says that it's his operating principle to lie to protect his family, and he's still in office. The only difference is that Dubya's opponents have yet to find a way to get him under oath while he follows his own rule. In Bill Clinton's admission that he lied to the pervert Ken Starr, he said:

I can only tell you I was motivated [to lie to Starr] by many factors. First, by a desire to protect myself from the embarrassment of my own conduct. I was also very concerned about protecting my family.

And in the Candidate Bush tapes just released by Linda Tripp Doug Wead, Dubya says:

"Do you want your little kid to say, 'Hey Daddy, President Bush tried marijuana; I think I will.' . . . I wouldn't answer the marijuana question. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried."

Of course, Bill's daughter Chelsea ended up finding out anyway and had to handle a marital crisis in the public glare. And seems to have done all right in the process. Now as for Jenna and Barbara, thank God that Dubya was able to keep his pot smoking a secret all this time, because otherwise they might have turned out to be hard-partying spoiled brats or something.

No comments: