Friday, August 05, 2016

Questions with one answer

George W. Bush in one of the Presidential debates of the 2004 campaign --

I remember sitting in the White House looking at those generals, saying, Do you have what you need in this war? Do you have what it takes? I remember going down to the basement of the White House the day we committed our troops as last resort, looking at Tommy Franks and the generals on the ground, asking them, Do we have the right plan with the right troop level? And they looked me in the eye and said, Yes, sir, Mr. President. Of course, I listen to our generals. That's what a president does. A president sets the strategy and relies upon good military people to execute that strategy.

Barack Obama in his pre-vacation news conference yesterday --

A big chunk of my gray hair comes out of my Syria meetings, There's not a meeting that I don't end by saying, "Is there something else we can be doing that we haven't thought of? Is there a plan F, G, H, that we haven't thought of?'

No comments: