Tuesday, July 06, 2004

It's the BOBW gift books roundup!

Coming in September!
An excerpt from Sammy's Hill, the upcoming "comic" novel by Kristin Gore:

The fact that I had managed to become a health care analyst for a United States senator at the age of twenty-six still surprised me, and I lived in fear that someone would realize how ridiculous it was to have given me this sort of authority and fire me on the spot. ... I owed my passion for government to my mother, a political science professor for whom fostering interest in public service came naturally. ... Under her tutelage, I'd learned early that participation was paramount and that change could be just an effort away.

October 2004 release!
"Miracle is a unique project, undertaken by two very gifted and talented artists, Anne Geddes and Celine Dion."

This
does not even come close to expressing the creepiness that is the collaboration between this "photographer" and "singer," to be published this fall (as a book, cd, calendar, greeting cards, etc.). If only we could invite you over to look at the advance press materials. If only!

Watch this space for more to come.

No comments: