Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Gordon of little faith

In Basra yesterday --

I want to thank our Australian colleagues here in advance - because of the defeat that will be inflicted in the Rugby World Cup ... So let me, on behalf of the British people, thank you [soldiers], let me say I cannot predict how the Rugby World Cup will end. I am sorry about Wales, sorry about Ireland. Scotland and England still have a chance. I suspect England have a better chance of a place than Scotland, even although I am a Scottish supporter.

Scotland are playing Argentina while England play Australia. Argentina have a nice cup so far but still would not have been a top seed going in. The Paddy Power odds on England and Scotland going out are identical. So why wouldn't he embrace his Scottish allegiance a bit more fully?

No comments: