Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's not personal if the President does it

Truly a mother lode in the George Bush Q&A in Lancaster Pa today --

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. You know, probably the most disappointing thing about my experience in Washington is the harshness of the discourse; is the zero-sum attitude. And I've tried to do my part by holding people with respect and to -- you know, talking about people in such a way that it doesn't degrade the process. I want this little guy to look at Washington and say, wow, this is something I may aspire to.
... I'll still try to do my best to treat people with respect. It's the best thing a President can do, it seems like to me. And the other leaders ought to be doing the same thing. If you disagree with a person, don't make it personal. Don't feel like you have to tear the other person down in order to make a political point. (Applause).


George Bush, in an election rally in Sugar Land, Tex. last year --

Well, however they [Democrats] put it, their approach comes down to this: The terrorists win and America loses.

No comments: