Sunday, April 06, 2008

What happens in Sochi stays in Sochi

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you. I, first of all, was most grateful for the dinner that you gave last night. Secondly, thank you very much for providing fantastic entertainment. I'm only happy that our press corps didn't try -- see me trying to dance the -- dance the dance that I was asked to do. (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT PUTIN: We were able to see that you are a brilliant dancer.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes, well, thank you very much. We'll leave it at that, Mr. President. (Laughter.)


How long before a picture comes out?

Incidentally, every so often the jealous George Bush makes an appearance --

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you. Look, it seems like there's a lot of interest in you, Mr. President-Elect [Dmitry Medvedev]. You've attracted a lot of cameras. (Laughter.)

Not to mention the George Bush somewhat anxious about what he'll be doing once he's no longer President --

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you, Vladimir. Thanks for your gracious invitation. This is the very room where you served an unbelievably good dinner last night, with fabulous entertainment. Thank you for your hospitality. Laura and I are thrilled to be with you. And also, thank you for the briefing on the Winter Olympics. I'm sure the people in this area are really excited about the fact that you've been awarded the Winter Olympics. I congratulate you and wish you all the very best. And maybe you'll invite me to come as your guest -- who knows.

The Sochi Winter Olympics are 6 years from now.

No comments: